The Level 3 Kayak Instructor Qualification aims to enable candidates to:
- Become qualified to instruct intermediate kayaking skills and lead kayak trips on Grade II water with groups of up to 6 students.
- Become qualified to instruct basic kayaking skills and lead kayaking journeys on flat water with groups of up to 8 students
- Train and Assess for the Canoeing Ireland 1, 2 and 3 Kayak Skills Awards.
- Teach intermediate River Safety and Rescue and run RSR 1 and RSR 2 Training Courses.
- Mentor Level 1, 2 and 3 Kayak Instructor trainees.
- Have an awareness of the competitive canoeing disciplines.