Moxie Adventure Race is an adventure race which takes place in the garden of Ireland. Within 40 minutes of Dublin city and based at The Avon with Blessington Lakes as its backdrop, Moxie has something for everyone.
The Start And Finish Will Be At The Avon
Competitors will kayak, run and cycle on one course:
- 1km Kayak
- 5km Run
- 28km Cycle
This year the event is around the stunning Blessington Lakes overlooking the Wicklow Mountains. It will start and finish at the Avon, Blessington, Co Wicklow.
€65.00 (until 31/05/2019)
€70.00 (from 01/06/2019)
- Once entered no refunds, transfers or credit can be offered for cancellations for the events.
- Mandatory Kit must be worn or carried as appropriate and as specified
- There are no road closures for the cycling routes competitors must follow the road traffic laws
- All competitors must follow the prescribed route
- Checkpoints must be visited in the correct order
- Obey the environmental policy. Any competitor found littering by race marshals or fellow competitors can be reported and disqualified
- Respect the local environment
- Assist any persons who are in difficulty and report it to closest race marshall
- The Race Director’s decision is final
- Competitors must be over 14yrs to take part in this event
- In the event of inclement weather the organisers have the right to alter the route on the day of the event
- No Bikes With Tri Bars Allowed
- Any Help/Support Given To Competitors Will Result In Immediate Disqualification
We aim to minimize the impact the race has on residents and families in the proximity of the race route.
It is of paramount importance that all competitors respect the following environmental policy:
- Competitors must keep to the defined route and do not take short cuts.
- Any competitors found littering will be automatically disqualified.
- Respect the environment.
What does the registration fee include:
– Race medal
– A charitable donation from every entry will be made to Barretstown Charity
Can I register on Saturday morning before the race?
No. Only those registered online will be allowed to take part in the race.
What are the race categories?
Just one course this year 5km run, 28km bike, 1km kayak. Runners start at 9.30am Joggers start at 10am
Which Category should I enter?
Enter the course which best describes your fitness level:
Joggers: Enter this course if you are entering an adventure race for the first time, are involved in a sports club and you have a reasonable level of fitness.
Runners: Enter this course if you have some experience in adventure racing, triathlons and have a good overall level of fitness.
What type bike should I use?
The choice of bike is an individual choice. 100% of the cycle route is on sealed country roads of varying quality. The most suitable bike would be a road bike and least suitable would be a Mountain Bike.
Do I need Specialised Gear:
Apart from the basics (bike, helmet, trail running shoes) you do not need any specialist equipment. We will provide you with a kayak, paddle and buoyancy aid.
Do I have to have any specialist map reading or mountain skill to compete in the race?
No. You will be provided with a map. The route is marked out with signs and race Marshalls will also be on hand along the route.
What is your refund policy?
When entering the event it is part of the terms and conditions that it is a non-refundable and non-transferable payment policy.
Is there any water available along the route?
You will be required to bring water with you on you for the duration of the race.
Who provides my Kayaks?
The event organisers will provide all kayaks, paddles and buoyancy aid.
How is the race timed?
Your race time and your progress through each stage is timed using a ‘dibber’ which is attached to your wrist.
How can I contact Moxie Adventure Race if I have any more questions?
Feel free to contact us with any questions by e-mail:email@example.com or call Brian 0878307214
Can I listen to my iPod during the race?
No. It is extremely dangerous to listen to music whilst cycling as the roads are not closed and are open to local traffic.
How much does it cost to enter?
As mentioned above:
€65 before end of May €70 thereafter
Do I have to wait for my partner at the kayak section?
You can wait in the time out zone for maximum of 15 minutes. There will be other people in the kayak section who have no partner so you might have to kayak this section with them as your partner on the double sit on top kayaks.
Can I raise money for charity?
Yes. We encourage everybody to raise money for charity.
The charity we are supporting this year is Barretstown.
What Items are included in the mandatory kit?
It is vital that all competitors bring the following mandatory kit list with them from the start.
- Basic First Aid Kit (Min: 1 x Dressing Pad (field dressing), Bandage, Plasters
- Map of the route (included in your race pack)
- Survival blanket and whistle
- Appropriate food and drink.
- Cycle hat, bike repair kit, spare tube, pump
- Hat, gloves and waterproof jacket
- Suitable footwear – Trail Runners
- Backpack or bum bag
All kit will be checked on race day at registration