Registration is open from 7AM on Race Day. – PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST AN HOUR AND A HALF BEFORE YOUR RACE.
Look for Tom and his van before the race. Tom began his biking story servicing mountain bikes for a local adventure center in his garden workshop.
It wasn’t long before local bikers wanted their bikes serviced too. Thanks to the support of the cycling community Tom outgrew the garden workshop.
Feel free to contact us with any questions on email@example.com
It is important that all competitors bring the following mandatory gear list with them from the start.
- Basic First Aid Kit (Min: 1 x Dressing Pad (field dressing), Bandage, and Plaster
- Map of the route (included in your race pack).
- Survival blanket and whistle.
- Appropriate food and drink
- Cycle helmet, bike repair kit, spare tube, pump.
- Hat, gloves and waterproof jacket.
- Suitable footwear.
- Mobile phone in waterproof case.
- Trail Shoes Are Recommended
No. It is extremely dangerous to listen to music whilst cycling as the roads are not closed and are open to public traffic.
Your race time and your progress through each stage is timed using a ‘dibber’ which is attached to your wrist. We use a system supplied by SportIdent, more information can be found on their web site www.sportident.co.uk
The event organisers will provide kayaks, paddles and buoyancy aid or if you wish you can bring your own kayak
No these adventure challenges do exactly…” what it says on the tin”…they are challenges. They are unsupported events and competitors must carry their own food and drink requirements
When entering the event it is part of the terms and conditions that it is a non refundable payment policy.
- Free Moxie Bike Jersey for the Every Moxie entrant
- Free use of kayaks
- Fully marshalled event
- First aid supported event
- A Medal For Each Participant
- A Food Voucher
No. You will be provided with a map. The route is marked out with signs and race Marshalls will also be on hand along the route.
Apart from the basics (bike, helmet, running shoes) you do not need any specialist equipment. We will provide you with a kayak, paddle and buoyancy aid or you can bring your own kayak. A full list of mandatory equipment is available
The choice of bike is an individual choice. 100% of the cycle route is on open roads of good surface quality. The most suitable bike would be a road bike and least suitable would be a Mountain Bike.
- Mini Moxie: Enter this course if you are entering an adventure race for the first time, are involved in a sports club and you have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Moxie: Enter this course if you have some experience in adventure racing, triathlons and have a good overall level of fitness.
- Moxie Pro: Enter this course if you are an experienced adventure racer.